Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations are for the benefit and protection of Club members, their guests and staff. They are established for the safe use and sanitary operation of the pool.
MANAGEMENT and RESPONSIBILITY:
The Board of Directors is responsible for developing the pool rules. The Pool Manager, selected by the Board, is in full charge of the pool at all times, and is responsible for the maintenance, order, and cleanliness of the pool facilities. The Manager is also responsible for supervising staff and enforcing the rules of the Club. During the absence of the Pool Manager, an Assistant Manager will assume these responsibilities.
- All members, children and guests use the pool and its facilities at their own risk. • Member parents should instruct their children and guests to observe all rules and obey the instructions of the Pool Manager and staff. • The cost of any property damage to Club facilities will be charged to the responsible person or adult member.
- The Club is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal belongings, valuables, bicycles, or vehicles on the pool grounds.
- Members should report any incident or condition that could affect the safety and enjoyment of Club facilities. REGULAR POOL HOURS — Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend: MCPS School Days 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm Non-school Days and Weekends 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
POOL CLOSINGS / LIMITED ACCESS:
The pool may be closed when necessary for maintenance, cleaning, inclement weather, or swim and/or dive team events. County rules require closing the pool with just the sound of thunder, visible lightning, or other unsafe conditions, after which a period of time must pass before re-opening. In such situations, everyone must clear the pool area completely as instructed by the staff. Notices of scheduled closures for team events will be posted in advance at the pool and on the RESC website. Team events and practice sessions may close part or all of the pool area.
All members are required to provide a photo for the pool’s database, present their current bar coded membership cards, and check in at the bathhouse entrance upon each entry to the pool. If you do not have your card, you will be required to present another form of identification. Lost ID cards should be promptly replaced by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or asking the desk attendant for assistance. Children ages 10 or younger must be accompanied at the pool by a responsible person 16 years of age or older.
Each guest entering the pool must have a guest pass. All guests – both swimming and non-swimming – must sign in with a member who presents a guest pass for each guest. The member must remain at the pool while her/his guest(s) are in attendance. Members are responsible for apprising their guests of Club rules and for their guests’ actions. You can buy individual guest passes for $5.00 each or a discount guest-pass book (10 for $40) at the time of dues payment (use the ordering information on the dues form), or throughout the season from email@example.com. The front desk will have a limited number of guest passes available for unexpected guest-pass needs; members will be billed for those passes. Guest passes are single-use, but do not expire. Any leftover passes may be used during the subsequent season(s). Each guest is limited to 5 visits per season.
In accordance with the RESC Party Rental Policy, members may host a party at the pool by making a reservation, based on availability of facilities, at least a week in advance with the RESC Board Social Chair and the Pool Manager. Any member bringing in 10 or more guests constitutes a party. The number of guests may be limited. There is a 3-hour time limit for parties, and a fee is required. Further fees may apply if additional staffing is required. The member must pay the regular guest fees for party attendees who are not members. All guests must adhere to RESC’s wristband policy (allow 30 minutes for swim testing).
- Take a soap shower and rinse before entering the pool.
- Do not use the main pool or wading pool during or immediately following an illness.
- Do not use the pool if you have any infections of the skin, eyes, gastrointestinal tract, or if you are wearing bandages.
- Inform children and guests of the location of the bathrooms and require their use.
- Diapers and rubber pants with elastic at the waist and legs must cover children not toilet trained.
- If a child becomes fatigued or chilled, the Pool Manager may require the child to leave the pool to recover. • No pets are allowed within the fenced pool grounds.
- Smoking is prohibited at the entrances or inside the bathhouse, and anywhere inside of the inner fenced area surrounding the pool. These prohibited areas include the grassy areas, the playground, blacktop, and pool deck. Smoking is permitted in the parking lot and other areas of the property. Members and guests should avoid smoking in areas where the smoke could drift into prohibited areas.
- When coming from the grassy areas, use the footbaths to rinse feet before entering the pool.
- All children under the age of 16 must observe a 15- minute rest period at designated hourly intervals, unless expressly excused by the Pool Manager or the lifeguards.
- All swimmers should be properly attired for swimming.
- Any and all injuries occurring on the premises must be reported immediately to the Pool Manager.
- No running, pushing, acrobatics, wrestling, or disruptive behavior on the deck.
- No roughhousing or riding on shoulders in the water.
- Social conversation with any guard on duty is not allowed.
- All children under 16 years of age must demonstrate water competency skills to enter deep water. Wristbands will be used to identify children eligible to enter deep water areas. Once tested and approved, a child will be issued a wristband they must wear at all times in the pool. Lost/misplaced wristbands may be purchased for $3 in the pool office. Children without a wristband will be denied access to deep water areas. Ask pool staff to schedule a test.
- Diving from the boards is allowed only when a guard is at a diving well station. One person on the board at a time; step up on the board only when the board is clear. Do not dive from the side of the board. Do not dive until you see that the well in front of your board is clear. Use of the 3 meter diving board is height restricted. Please check with the staff for details.
- No free swimming is allowed in the diving well unless authorized by the Pool Manager or a team coach.
- Use caution on the slide stairs and platform. No more than one person is allowed on each slide at one time (except for parent or caregiver with small child).
- Ball playing is restricted to grassy and designated areas of the facility.
- Rafts, noodles, or other floating items are not allowed in the pool except at designated times; water guns are not allowed.
- The playground equipment is restricted to children 10 and under who are under the direct supervision of a responsible person 16 years of age or older.
- The wading pool is limited to children 5 and under who are under the direct supervision of a responsible person 16 years of age or over. The Club DOES NOT furnish a lifeguard in the wading pool area.
- No glass containers are allowed on the property. .
- No abusive language shall be used on pool property.
- Use of illicit drugs, firearms, or fireworks on pool property is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages in any form are prohibited on pool grounds except for special occasions specifically authorized by the Board.
- No food or drinks may be consumed on the pool deck. Food and drinks should be consumed only in the grassy areas or on the blacktop. Chewing gum is not allowed in the pool.
- Drive slowly and carefully in the driveways and in the parking areas. Park only in prescribed areas. Do not block the emergency exit gates. Avoid parking on Gainsborough Road or Deborah Drive, unless the RESC lot is full out of consideration for our neighbors. Do not blow automobile horns to summon children from the pool.
- Lost items will be placed in the Lost and Found box near the office.
RESC Pool Rules — Copyright © 2014, 2016 RESC. All Rights Reserved. Updated May 2016